Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Just a quick hello and wishes for all to have a Happy Thanksgiving! If you are reading this outside of the US then I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

In thoughts of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for so much, not that I have the perfect life, but it suits me and I find it is the little things that make life good. My family, my friends, my dog, a home, a job, a car, food on the table, laughter around the table.....the basics and then some. I wish all of you that.

And as for quilting, well I have joined a block of the month (BOM). Both on line and at the brick and mortar store. I have never done BOM before but figured how hard could it be to get one or two blocks completed every month? Very different choices, one civil war, one modern. Today I will show you Block 1 of the General's Wives BOM which is authentic reproduction civil war fabric. This BOM is from Caroline's Cottage Cottons in Rome City, Indiana. Great little store, with friendly, knowledgable service!  So for me this block  is a nod to Thanksgivng and all those that have come before us.

Made of flying geese and HST blocks. Although I would have never picked out these fabric's, they do work together. And I love stars, I have never made a star quilt, so this looks like it will be my first. Hmm, all those points, I will be good at it by the time it is finished!
Thanks for stopping by! Next post I will show you my Modern BOM blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!