Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Blocks and U R Priceless Blog Hop


Just a quick post to show you the blocks I made for Jennifer over at Knotted Thread for the quilts she is organizing/making for people who have been impacted and displaced by Hurricane Sandy. They are fast and easy. If you cut one 8 1/2in strip the WOF you can make a total of 5 blocks. Here is a link to the Flickr group if you want to get in on this great charity event:  https://www.flickr.com/groups/2153869@N22/


I hope these ice cream blocks bring a smile to someone. I chose this fabric because I thought of walking the Boardwalk in the summer and eating a yummy ice cream cone. I hope it brings back good memories, and that someday whoever gets the quilt with these blocks gets to do it again. Or just simply enjoy one of the little things in life - a sweet, creamy ice cream cone! :)



Don't forget to stop by tomorrow -- I am on the U R Priceless blog hop from Katherine and Madam Samm.
Have you seen all those little cuties? If not, stop by Katherine's over at Sew Me Something Good for the schedule. The hop started on Monday and continues through the 15th!

Happy Sewing!

Ginny

1 comment:

  1. Fun blocks for Jen! I finished mine up too today! AND we are on the blog hop on the same day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!